We tailor our homecare packages to suit the individual needs of our clients. Offering calls from 30 minutes to 24 hour care, we pride ourselves in our flexible approach to ensure that our support packages continue to promote independence whilst changing with the needs of our clients. As part of our support package we can support with personal care, medication, domestic, shopping and accessing the community.
We are able to assist clients at home in the following ways:
- Meal preparation
- Household assistance, such as cleaning, vacuuming, and ironing
- Shopping calls
- Tidying and sorting out
Civicare provides several options to support you and your family by increasing your amount of social interaction. We appreciate that many clients can feel lonely and are looking for more positive interaction on a regular basis.
- Sit-in service to provide family members or carers with respite where our staff stay with you the client and interact.
- Accessing the community where we can accompany you to places such as the library, garden center, weddings, or just go for a walk locally.
- Companionship can include: Accompanying you on social outings, escorting you on journeys, Helping with everyday tasks or hobbies, shopping trips or attending an event or community program with you.
Children & Young People
Civicare are registered to supply support to a number of client groups and this includes Children and Young People. We work closely with Worcestershire Short breaks to provide packages for young people with social care needs and those that require physical support such as personal care. Much of what we do with young people is respite for parents, so accessing the community and supporting the young people with developing their life and communication skills.
People with Learning and Physical Disabilities
Civicare’s compassionate support workers are skilled at recognising the emotional, social, and practical challenges of living well with a disability. We understand how you or a loved one might feel isolated and exhausted, and how maintaining closeness in relationships becomes more difficult as the condition worsens.
Your or your loved one’s care will be tailored to their specific requirements and will always include companionship and conversation.
Along side our home care services we can also offer the following:
- Engaging with fun practical games.
- Facilitating social interaction.
- Maintaining a balanced home / life routine.
- Health and fitness
- Assisting with healthy meal preparation
- Medication prompts
- Catheter care and continence management to maintain your dignity and comfort.
End of Life Care
Every individual with a terminal illness has unique requirements, and we at Civicare strive to meet those needs compassionately. We are committed to providing you with a service that is both accommodating and dependable. All of our support staff have received training on palliative care and understand the importance of supporting the individual and their family & friends.
Safe Discharge from Hospital
When you are ready to leave the hospital, we will help you do so by coordinating your care with hospital staff and social workers / family members to ensure a smooth transition and a speedy return to your home. We will also provide you with the emotional and practical resources you need to lessen the likelihood of suffering a setback and needing to return to the hospital.
You may count on us for assistance with:
- Liaising with discharge arrangements
- Supervision of discharge arrangements
- Any personal care requirements.
- Shopping for groceries
- Support with your medications
- Mobility assistance so you can move safely around the home • Help with housekeeping and any pet care if needed
- Accompaniment to appointments
- Re-assessment of needs after the initial discharge.
- Liaising with District nurses, GPs and the Pharmacy until you are back on your feet.